INVITATION TO BID
To all Contractors of Category GC6/BC5 and Above with Valid
Trade License and Construction License for the Year 2011 EC
EWNRA is implementing a project entitled: “Sustainable Living: Building Resilience to Curb Outmigration of Smallholders in Southern Oromia Region, Ethiopia”, for three consecutive years (from January 1st, 2019 up to December 31st, 2021) in Abaya and Gelana woredas of West Guji zone of Oromia regional state through financial support of Menschen füer Menschen Foundation Switzerland (MfMCH).
The proposed project envisages reduction of poverty and outmigration of smallholders in selected kebeles of Abaya and Gelana woredas through integrated actions that contribute to reducing hunger and poverty. The project-planned activities include construction of SACCO offices and warehouses for supporting Multi Purpose Cooperatives as well.
Further EWNRA is also implementing a project entitled: “REDD+ through Participatory Forest Management in South-West Ethiopia, phase II” with funding available from NoRAD – The Development Fund Norway. One of the supports of the projects is to establish cooperatives and forest management associations to undertake forest based NFTPs trading and forest management to improve forest conditions and the livelihoods of forest dependent communities. Consecutively to support those cooperatives and woreda level associations it is planned to construct offices and warehouse.
In order to execute the construction activities Ethio Wetlands and Natural Resources Association is inviting all eligible contractors of category GC6 or BC 5 and above who would like to execute one of the four Lots to be constructed in Abaya, Bita and Silem Woredas the details is provided here under.
Lot-1 Construction of 5 SACCO offices at Abaya Woreda in West Guji Zone, Oromia Regional State around Guangua Town
Lot-2 Construction of 4 SACCO offices and 1 multipurpose warehouse at Abaya Woreda in West Guji Zone, Oromia Regional State around Yirga Chefe Town
Lot-3 Construction of 2 Store with Office (1 for farmers association and 1 for marketing cooperatives) at Bita Woreda of Bita Genet town in Kafa Zone, SNNPRs
Lot-4 Construction of 2 Store with Office (1 for farmers association and 1 for marketing cooperatives) at Silem Woreda of Yadota town in Kafa Zone, SNNPRs
Those who would be financially and technically capable to furnish the necessary labor, material and equipment to undertake the execution of the aforementioned works are kindly invited and they has to fulfill the following requirements.
- Interested bidder should have:
- VAT Registration Certificate
- Valid License for 2011 E.C.
- Renewed registration certificate from the MoUDH.
- Tax clearance certificate from Inland Revenue Authority.
2. The Bid document can be purchased from
Ethio Wetlands and Natural Resources Association (EWNRA) office
Telephone: + 251 11 5527791, Fax: + 251 11 5501647
Room Number 608, 6th floor
Ethiopian Evangelical Church Mekane Yesus Building (EECMY)
Jomo Kenyatta Avenue, Bambis Area, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Beginning from the first announcement date on the newspaper until September 21/2019 at 12:00 AM noon in working days upon a payment of non refundable fee of Ethiopia Birr 350.00 (Three Hundred and Fifty birr only).
- Interested eligible contractors may obtain further information and inspect the qualification document at the office of: Ethio Wetlands and Natural Resources association (EWNRA), (+251-1-5527791), Email: ethio.wetland@gmail,com Addis Ababa. OR Ultimate Plan Plc Consulting Architects and Engineers Sidist Kilo In front of 5th Gate of Addis Ababa University – Fikir Plaza Bldg Tel. +251 11 126 79-29, Fax: +251 11 126 55 80 E- mail:firstname.lastname@example.org P. O. Box 17195, Addis Ababa
- Bidders are instructed to submit original and two photo copies of their respective technical and financial bid documents and to fill, sign and seal all the forms of the bid documents. The bidding procedure to be followed is two stage envelope procedures. The first envelope containing the qualification requirement clearly marked “Technical Proposal” with extra two copies and Bid security should be wax sealed. The second envelope containing the “Financial Proposal Offer” with two copies should be wax sealed and the two envelopes shall also be enclosed by an outer envelope marked as “Technical and Financial offer proposals submission for EWNRA for the specific Lot.
- The Bid documents shall be accompanied by Bid security amount of birr 100,000.00 (One Hundred Thousand Birr) in an acceptable form of Un conditional Bank Guarantee/CPO and must be addressed to Ethio Wetlands and Natural Resources Association (Address mentioned on item no. 3). The Bid validity period shall be: [insert a number of days] 60+ 28 days.
- Sealed bid documents shall be submitted to Ethio Wetlands and Natural Resources Association (Address mentioned on item no. 3) on September 23, 2019 at 2:00 PM.
- The bid will be opened on the same day at 2:30 P.M at Ethio Wetlands and Natural Resources Association (Address mentioned on item no. 3) in the presence of bidders or authorized representative who wish to attend.
- A bidder can participate in two lots but limited to win only one with the best interest of the client.
The Employer reserves the right to cancel the bid partially or in full